Who we are:
Digital Jewels Limited is the leading IT Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Consulting and Capacity Building firm in Africa. With a presence in 9 African Countries and accreditation to 2 global best practice standards (ISO27001 global Information Security standard and ISO9001 global Quality Management Standard) as well as being a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS), we are in a class of our own.
Our deep competencies in Information and Cyber Security, IT Governance, e-business, Project Management and Capacity Building have been garnered over the years of serving high profile clients in the public and private sector across sub-Saharan Africa to strengthen their processes, upskill their staff and facilitate the realization of benefits from IT investments.
Who we hire:
We hire employees who are intentional about their career growth and development and show a commitment to our vision. Our employees quickly become astute professionals, with a thirst for knowledge, resourceful and tenacious in delivering distinctive value to our chosen stakeholders, open to learning and unlearning and uncompromising about integrity. If this could be you, we would like to meet you!
How we work:
- Our work practices strike the fine balance of remote and in-person work required to optimize productivity and professional development whilst cultivating a sense of belonging, collaborative work, and a progressive culture.
- When you come aboard Digital Jewels Limited, you transition from being a member of staff to a member of this warm and inclusive value-adding family with a myriad of growth and development opportunities across the continent. So rest assured there are benefits as you grow with us!
Our client is a Kenyan based ICT company that offers financial solutions to small and medium scale enterprises (SME’s) in Africa. Their solutions are developed to be compatible with most payment solutions and platforms. Our client strives to have financial inclusion for all, by increasing payment efficiency through liable, secure, fast, and easy to use devices at an affordable price.
We are looking for competent and committed professionals of high integrity to join the winning team. Apply today!
Information Security Officer
IT Information Security Officer will be responsible for overseeing information security, cybersecurity and IT risk management programs based on industry-accepted information security and risk management frameworks.
- Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial and physical resources and functions with a very high degree of autonomy.
- Definition, scoping, creation and execution of IT and Data Security strategies to enhance the reliability and security of the IT systems, projects and underlying data of the company
- Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of company resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect company assets.
- Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Overseeing planning and execution of necessary vulnerability audits, penetration testing or forensic IT audits and investigations to ensure that outputs improve the company’s IT
- Liaise with and manage vendors and third-party service or solutions provider
- Oversee integration of new IT systems development with the company’s overall IT, Data and Information Security policies
- Ensure compliance with related legislation and standards such as Data Protection Act, PCI DSS, ISO standards or relevant government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science
- A minimum of 8 years work experience in the same type of work and 5 years supervisory
- Prefer Master’s Degree or
- Possess Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other information systems security certifications
Knowledge, skills and Abilities
- Experience in risk, compliance and information security policy
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education, governmental agency or corporate/industry information security, governance, risk and compliance practices and standards.
- Experience with development of educational programs in the area of security awareness.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse
- Experience managing budget and managing a team of information technology professionals.
- Proven problem solver with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and provide timely and accurate
- Knowledge of IT processes and controls and strong understanding of risk and control frameworks such as (CoBIT, ISO, NIST, ITIL, PCI).
- General knowledge of information security regulatory requirements and standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001/2, SANS top 20 and NIST 800-53.
- Ability to ensure standards and parameters for any systems on the company network are correct and as close to flawless as reasonably can be
If the above sounds exciting to you, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit and we will be in touch. Click the link below to apply